Sunday, March 6, 2011

IELTS

IELTS = International English Language Testing System

OKAY!! I had mentioned at the previous post... Before the day of my IELTS exam, i have outings with friends at MidValley for movie... But after when i reached home and have my bath, i start prepare my exam without any laziness... Haha XD

Exam date was on 12/02/2011.... And it's at Hotel Maya, just beside British Council.... Early in the morning, mum fetched me to the hotel... The hotel made me more nervous because at first i can't the lobby... Because once you step into the entrance is all those restaurant... So you need to walk up the stairs to get for the hotel lobby.... @.@ Luckily i followed some of the candidates so i can reach the hotel lobby - SAFELY.... =D

Register at the counter.... I queued at the wrong line... It was so.... EMBARRASSING!!! I queued at the line for those who take General Test... And when i tell them my name, they can't find it... After that, they just realised i queued at the wrong line... @.@

Exam started..... Listening part was quite good! I always have much confidence on my listening part.... =D Then reading part... From the IELTS preparation class started till now, i felt that reading part is quite hard for me.. One of the problem is my vocabulary.. And another problem is the time... 3 passages, 40 questions but just only one hour... You will be thinking that - IT"S QUITE EASY!! But how about when you can't find the answer and you face some vocabulary problem?? Hehe - That's the point!! =D

The next - writing part... 2 essay in one hour.... First essay need 150 words and the second one need 250 words... More marks for the second essay... So you must do more better than the first essay... But! BUT!!!! I can't finished my second essay!! GOSH!! You know how worst it is.... I really feel so so sad once the exam had finished... No mood at all..... T.T

After that, leave Hotel Maya and went back to British Council... Have Subway as my lunch while waiting for my speaking part exam... Met my neighbor's mum... Chit-chat with her for a while... She asked me why i'm here and this and that... Then went to the examination hall to wait for my turn.. My speaking part exam was at 1.20p.m... =)

My turn... You know how nervous i am... Especially my feeling - after i can't finished my essay.. Like i, myself spoil the whole exam! Luckily, i'm PRO in "blowing water", or what we call in Chinese - 吹水... Although i had get stucked for once or twice during speaking.... But i think it's OKAY, right?? XD Then after finished the whole thing, mum came and fetched me back home...

Result released at 25/02/2011... You know i was so afraid to face my result - especially the writing part... Overall band score 6.0 and writing part at least 6.0 are needed for my foundation course... Before going to British Council to g et my result, i checked online first.... Mum said that online result will be released early one day... So before that, i checked online... But the result haven't released.. So i checked on the day that the result will sure to be release...

Checked online is still in a nervous feel! When i reached the website then fill in all those information, i scrolled down slowly.... Very slowly.... So below is my result... =)
Listening:7.0
Reading:6.5
Writing:6.0
Speaking:5.5
Overall Band Score:6.5

Thanks God the writing part is still 6.0.... The part that i most worried! But speaking part is the part that i didn't think that i will get such band score... @.@ Anyway, overall band score is quite high.... And i really satisfied with my result! =) Thanks for all those wishes in my Facebook when i'm going to have my exam or going to face my result! I really appreciate much! ♥

P/S:我现在在听亲爱的蔡旻佑的代班主持..... ♥
是时候重出江湖了~~ XD

No comments: